- 1962 Donald M. Koll establishes the Don Koll Company, Inc. as a regional construction firm specializing in building custom homes in Orange County, CA
- 1976 Don Koll Company changes its name to The Koll Company with divisions focused on development, acquisition, construction, brokerage and property management.
- 1989 The Koll Company opens its Dallas, TX office. Steve Van Amburgh is hired to focus on corporate build-to-suit, office and industrial development.
- 1993 Publicly traded Bolsa Chica Company acquires the domestic development operations of The Koll Company and the name is changed to Koll Real Estate Group.
- 1997 Koll Real Estate Group is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year. Koll Management Services, the property service division, is sold to CB Commercial Real Estate Group (now CB Richard Ellis).
- 1998 Koll Development Company, a newly formed LLC comprised of key executives from Koll Real Estate Group and NorthStar Capital Investment Corp., acquires the commercial development business from Koll Real Estate Group. Koll Development Company opens a regional office in Detroit.
- 1999 Presidential Closing the Circle Award (Precursor to LEED) for Environmental Protection Agency (Region 7), Kansas City, KS
- 2001 Steve Van Amburgh is appointed CEO and Chairman of Koll Development Company, now headquartered in Dallas.
- 2002 Koll Development Company changes its name to KDC. It launches this new brand with additional services, including sale-leasebacks and acquisitions.
- 2003 KDC is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year for the second time.
- 2004 KDC expands its presence in the Southeast by opening an office in Atlanta, GA.
- 2005 KDC launches Intellicenter, a high-performance national office building program in compliance with the LEED Building Rating System administered by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Another KDC branch office opens in Charlotte, NC. KDC publishes the first issue of its corporate magazine, Developing for the Future.
Best HQ/Corporate Move by Dallas Business Journal for Fluor, Irving, TX
- 2006 Design Build Institute of America National Award of Excellence in Private Sector over $15 million – Fluor Corp, Irving, TX
- 2007 In January, the first Intellicenter opens in Atlanta, GA.
KDC employees purchase North Star Capital’s interest in KDC and the company becomes employee-owned and operated.
Credit Suisse, Center of Excellence — Award of Merit, ABC of the Carolinas
Sustainable Leadership Award for Design & Development by CoreNet Global, IIDA&AIA for Fluor, Irving, TX
Design Is Award, People’s Choice by Shaw Contract Group for Fluor, Irving, TX
LEED Certification by USGBC for CitiGroup for Las Colinas, Irving, TX
LEED Certification by USGBC for CitiGroup for Regent Center, Irving, TX
LEED Certification by USGBC for Fluor Headquarters, Irving, TX
LEED Silver Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Atlanta, Lawrenceville, GA
- 2008 KDC also announces plans for aggressive growth and introduces E2M Partners and Sammons Enterprises as capital investors in KDC.
LEED Gold Certification by USGBC for Chevron, Covington, LA
LEED Certification by USGBC for Credit Suisse, Research Triangle Park, NC
- 2009 KDC unveils a branding campaign designed to recognize the company’s expanding business platform beyond corporate office and industrial development to include increased acquisition and investment activity throughout the United States. As part of the new brand, KDC will feature the new tagline: “Real Estate Development and Investments.”
KDC is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year for the third time.
Tilt-Up Achievement Award – Mfg./Ind. by Tilt Up Concrete Assn. for 3D Systems, Rock Hill, SC
Tilt-Up Achievement Award – Office by Tilt Up Concrete Association for Chevron, Covington, LA
LEED Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Dallas located in Dallas, TX
LEED Silver Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Houston, Houston, TX
LEED Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Charlotte, Fort Mill, SC
LEED Gold Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Riverside, Riverside, CA
LEED Silver Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Tampa, Temple Terrace, FL
Landmark Award “Green Building” by the Houston Business Journal, Intellicenter Houston, Houston, TX
Best Headquarter/Campus Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal – EnCana, Plano, TX
Office Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal – Denbury Resources, Plano, TX
Rehabilitation Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal – The Campus at Legacy, Plano, TX
Business & Industry Award-Commercial Real Estate Project by Richardson Chamber – Fossil, Richardson, TX
KDC is named NAIOP North Texas Developer of the Year for the fourth time
KDC CEO Steve Van Amburgh was elected into the North Texas Real Estate Hall of Fame.
- 2012 Acquires 186 acres of land to develop one of the most visionary developments in its history - a $1.5 billion master-planned project in Richardson, TX.
Breaks ground on 75,000-square-foot state-of-the-art news facility for NBC 5/KXAS-TV at CentrePort in Fort Worth, TX.
Breaks ground on 142,000-square-foot corporate and division headquarters for Tyler Technologies in Plano, TX.
Expands its presence in Texas by opening a Central Texas office in Austin.
D CEO Best Office Project - State Farm, Richardson, TX
D CEO Best Commercial Property Sale - Encana, Plano, TX
Real Estate Forum Leasing Deal of the Year - State Farm, Richardson, TX
- 2013 State Farm leases 1.5 million square feet in three towers at the Richardson master-planned development.
Company announces the development of 38-acre, 250,000 square foot KDC Corporate Center at the University of Kentucky’s Coldstream Research Campus in Lexington, KY
KDC sells remaining interest in The Campus at Legacy to it equity partner, Spear Street Capital
KDC is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year for the fifth time
Steve Van Amburgh is named Developer of the Year by D CEO
- 2015 KDC completes State Farm buildings one, two and three at CityLine, a mixed-use development in Richardson, TX and begins construction of building four.
KDC completes Raytheon at CityLine.
The first of many retailers open in CityLine including Tom + Chee, Top Pot Doughnuts, Subway, and CityLine Kitchen.
KDC breaks ground on a national headquarters for Toyota and a regional hub for Liberty Mutual and completes an office facility for FedEx Office at Legacy West, a mixed-use development in Plano.
KDC completes an office facility for Lennar in Houston and breaks ground on a new studio facility for NBC’s KPRC in Houston.
Construction continues on a regional hub for State Farm in Atlanta, GA.
DBJ Best Real Estate Deals, HQ/Campus Deal - Toyota Motors North America
DBJ Best Real Estate Deals, Deal of the Year - Toyota Motors North America
D CEO Community Impact - Deal of the Year Award - Toyota Motors North America
D CEO Best Mixed-Use Project – CityLine
- 2016 KDC completes a fourth office tower for State Farm at CityLine and an office facility for Raytheon. KDC breaks ground on JPMorgan Chase, KPRC Houston and Healthcare Associates. KDC is awarded DCEO CRE Awards - Best New Office Development - JPMC, DCEO CRE Awards - Best New Healthcare - Healthcare Associates, DBJ Best Real Estate Deals - Best Heaquarter Campus - JPMC and NAIOP Georgia - Best Office Development - Park Center
- 2017 KDC completes a headquarters for Toyota Motor North America, a regional facility for Liberty Mutual Insurance and a regional hub for State Farm at Park Center. KDC breaks ground on a rehabilitation facility for Dallas 24 Hour Club, mixed-use development Epic Deep Ellum, a headquarters for Frost Bank and a headquarters for Pioneer Natural Resources. KCD is awarded NAIOP N TX Developer of the Year and HBJ Landmark Awards - Workplace Interior - KPRC.