Pioneer Natural Resources’ new 1.1 million-square-foot headquarters has been awarded LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES NEW HEADQUARTERS RECEIVES LEED GOLD CERTIFICATION
05/08/20 | Press Release
IRVING, Texas – (May 7, 2020) – KDC today announced that Pioneer Natural Resources’ new 1.1 million-square-foot headquarters has been awarded LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
The 10-story office complex and accompanying seven-story parking garage serves as the first phase of Verizon’s new 158-acre Hidden Ridge mixed-use development. Pioneer employees have access to a fitness center, a daycare, a wellness center and food hall, along with the amenities offered by the Hidden Ridge project including retail, residential and commuter rail station.
“We were thrilled to receive the LEED Gold Certification for the headquarters project,” said Chris Selbo, KDC vice president of development. “We want to thank Pioneer, Verizon, The City of Irving, Austin Commercial, Duda Paine Architects, HKS and Corgan Associates for their creativity and vision during the development process.”
LEED is a green building certification program led by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices. A third-party verification process is used to determine that a building has been designed and built using strategies aimed at improving overall performance.
To receive LEED Gold certification, the development was evaluated in six areas: sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, indoor environmental quality, regional priority and innovation in design.
The following are some of the sustainable strategies integrated into the new Pioneer headquarters:
- The campus was designed to amplify the land’s natural surroundings so that employees could enjoy amenities such as an outdoor fitness terrace, soccer pitch, multi-sport court, a half-mile fitness trail and stocked fishing lakes.
- Rainfall and surface runoff water is filtered on-site to improve storm water quality.
- The original mesquite forests were retained, and more than 90% of the occupied interior areas have direct views to the outside.
- 98% of the waste generated from the construction of the headquarters was sorted and recycled.
- The Pioneer headquarters mirrors the continuous improvement and sustainability that is employed in their daily operations.
KDC is a leading corporate build-to-suit development and investment firm for companies across the country. Within the last 30 years, KDC has produced approximately 33 million square feet valued at over $9 billion. KDC addresses the future of Corporate America by developing walkable, mixed-use urban environments anchored by notable clients, and specializes in data center and broadcast studio build-to-suits. KDC's portfolio includes developments for FedEx, J.P Morgan Chase, Liberty Mutual, Raytheon, State Farm (Dallas and Atlanta offices), and Toyota North America. KDC is headquartered in Dallas and is supported by a national team with offices in Atlanta and Charlotte, North Carolina. For more information, please visit kdc.com.