IRVING, Texas (Oct. 25, 2016) – KDC, Rubicon Representation and Healthcare Associates of Texas today broke ground today on a 155,000-square-foot, Class A, medical office development at Gateway & SH 161 in the Las Colinas part of Irving, Texas.

“This state-of-the-art facility, which will enable us to bring the medical hub to life by offering comprehensive family medicine and ancillaries under one roof, will be ideal for our patients and providers,” said Dr. Walter Gaman, CEO of Healthcare Associates of Texas. “The thoughtful and forward-thinking design of the project will also allow us to continue to provide exceptional health care in the most efficient and patient-centered manner.”

The groundbreaking marks the start of construction on Phase I, a 95,000-square-foot building that will be anchored by one of the most prolific primary care groups in North Texas, Healthcare Associates of Texas. Phase II will consist of 60,000 square feet, including an ambulatory surgery center and medical office. The anchor tenant space is currently available.

“KDC has a long history of developing in Irving-Las Colinas, so we are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such a dynamic and forward-looking medical practice like Healthcare Associates,” said Bill Guthrey, senior vice president, KDC. “This new medical facility will allow the integration of different specialties and technology in an inviting environment.”

Located at the corner of SH 161 and Gateway Drive, the development is only minutes away from DFW International Airport and walking distance to the DART Beltline Station, which offers easy transportation to downtown Dallas.

“The City of Irving is excited to welcome a medical office development of this caliber that promises to offer quality care for our residents,” said Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne. “We strive to create an environment with community accessible, high quality medical care options for our residents and this project will help us achieve that goal.”

“We are in talks with several interested tenants that look promising for an early 2017 Phase II groundbreaking,” said Kyle Jacobs, managing partner, Rubicon Representation.

Kyle Jacobs with Rubicon Representation assembled the real estate transaction and KDC is the project developer. MBRE Healthcare will own 80 percent of the initial building. The physicians of Healthcare Associates of Texas will own the remaining 20 percent of the first building and the entirety of the second building.

About Healthcare Associates

Healthcare Associates of Texas is a multi-specialty private practice founded in 1997. They have become one of the most technologically advanced family medicine practices in North Texas. Their board-certified physicians, complemented by certified physician assistants and nurse practitioners, are dedicated to providing families with quality medical care in an environment that promotes trust and comfort.

About KDC

KDC, one of America’s leading commercial real estate development and investment companies, provides a full range of commercial real estate services including corporate build-to-suit development, acquisitions, corporate facility project/construction management, project financing, asset and land management, and marketing and leasing. KDC is headquartered in Dallas and has offices in Atlanta; Charlotte, N.C., and Houston.

Recent Posts

See All News